Monday, May 3, 2010

My daughter in laws, father...




mothers day is just around the corner and i wanted to give my daughter in a law a painting of her dad.. she doesnt see him much and he hasn't been feeling well... i took this picture on christmas, when he came up from mexico to visit.. i hope she is surprised and pleased...

also want to say hi to all of you.. i've misssed you all.. i've been painting .. but that is about it.. being the only driver in the house,now... has sure made a change in what i can find time to do... i'll adjust soon... but till then please know im stopping in when i can and trying to say hi as often as i can.. if i dont get back before mothers day.. please have a wonderful day!!

17 comments:

Pat said...

what a lovely portrait!
Did you learn how to do portraits from a workshop or a book? I'm hoping you'll say book and will tell me which one, because no around here teaches workshops for watercolour portraits!
I'd love to be able to paint a portrait as good as this one!

martinealison said...

Très joli portrait... Belle expression dans le regard. Bravo!
Bonne fête à toutes les mamans. Chez nous en France cela se passe le dernier dimanche du mois de mai, le 30 mai.
Amitiés,

Joanna said...

I'm sure your daughter in law wil be very pleased with this beautiful portrait Cindi.

debwardart said...

I'm sure she will love it.
Just take care of yourself - good luck.

RH Carpenter said...

You did a fantastic job on this portrait, Cindi! And I loved your big tiger, too. I hope spring brings you plenty of sunshine, warm weather, and joy.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Cindi, what a beautiful gift for your daughter-in-law! She will be thrilled!
Take good care of yourself.

Cindi said...

thank you all.. we will see this sunday and i hope she likes it!!

pat ive been reading books watching videos and practicnng,practicing.. andi have such a long way to go... we are doing a portrait paint-along on paintingfriends.com right now.. coem on and join us.. just put me down as the referring party and i'll ok you coming in..!! we are having fun lerning and messing up lots together..lol

im doing good .. just not enough time in the day, for sure...

thank all the rest of you for stopping by too.. and have wonderful mothers day!! and ill be by to say hi and see what wonderful things you are up to, as soon as i can..

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

He turned out lovely Cindi, great job! Sure she loves it <3

Pat said...

thanks Cindi, I have just registered and am waiting for the ok :)

mollie jones said...

Hi Cindi...this portrait turned out beautifully. He is going to be thrilled and it will most probably one of his most treasured gifts. I know your d-i-l in going to love it.

Cindi said...

thank you all

running late on getting mothers day supplies.. but wanted to say thanks for the nice comments..

Rosemary said...

Hi Cindi, Trust you had a super Mother's Day! I know your daughter in law LOVED the portrait!! It's wonderful! I am having trouble finding enough time to get to my blogging friends too! Maybe that will change soon - the good news is I'm painting the time away!! You captured a warm and sensitive side to this man! Great job! Thanks for taking time to leave a comment on my blog!

Deb Léger said...

Wow, beautiful job, Cindi! Did she like the portrait? (What a silly question - I'm sure she loved it!) As things get more settled down here, I am definitely going back to painting friends!

RH Carpenter said...

Missing your posts but I know you are terribly busy right now. Take care - hope your weekend is a good one.

Cindi said...

hi, thank you all for stopping by.. i dont know where the time is going?? im sure not doing more.. seems like less?????

deb excited you will be back to painting friends .. have missed you .. we have lots going on.. just come on back anytime and jump right it...

rhonda i miss you.. will need to sit down one of these nights when im not sleeping and make the rounds and catch up with everyones beautiful paintings... thanks for stopping by...

rosmary.. i need to get your way too.. i miss all of you..LOTS!!! having hubby home 24-7 is a huge change in our lives. he normally worked 80 hours a week and im really discombobulated at ALL times LOL

and by the way my dil loved the painting.. she knew who it was by just seeing his chin as she ripped off the wrapping paper and started jumping up and down...LOL
hope your all doing well.. big hugs and ill be around to say hi in person real soon.. i promise!!

Becky Joy said...

A wonderful portrait. I like your tiger also. A great job with watercolor.

Cindi said...

thank you for stopping by becky.. and for your nice comments..