Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grandson Joshua!!



this is my grandson Joshua... he took this photo while playing with is new camera.. and then photo shopped it.. i loved the results!! i had a challenge to paint values.. using only two colors.. and i thought perfect photo.. the two colors i used were quin burnt orange and french ultra marine blue!! as usual think i should have my darks darker, but obviously this isn't going to be an over night fix!!! LOL must be a stubborn gal!

yesterday hubby left for ohio for a few weeks to be with his family.. as i've mentioned before, he has early onset alzheimers... well getting ready for the trip really pushed him down that path farther.. it was quite unsettling seeing how much he struggled.. i almost cancelled the trip, but his mom is getting older and i was concerned that he might not have this chance, again..... hope after a few days of being there, he will settle in ok!

using the alone time wisely ~~ heading out to see a few gals from high school for few days.. with 7 of us chatting and giggling .. hoping it will be just what the doctor ordered!!.. i'll see ya all as soon, as i get back

have a nice week! and HAPPY PAINTING!

12 comments:

Donna B. said...

Your watercolor portrait is so good. I love the way the shadow comes across the face. I too love watercolor and writing. Congratulations on your award!

Cindi said...

hey thanks donna.. glad you found your way to my blog.. im going to go check yours out right now.. thanks for the nice comments..

debwardart said...

So sorry about your husband, but put your cares away for a few days and have a great time with your friends. Laughter really is the best medicine.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Cindi, the portrait is really well done. It reminds me a bit of a posterized portrait.
Enjoy your time alone and with your friends. We will miss you, but I am glad that you will be having fun.
Take care.

Desiree's Designs said...

Cindi, please try and take this time for yourself with your friends, you deserve it! I hope he enjoys his visit and you enjoy yours! Have fun

Ann Buckner said...

Cindi, love the portrait. The darks are perfect on his face. Hope your DH has a fine trip and enjoys his family while you are enjoying yourself with old friends.

Kathy Wirth said...

Cindi, this is an excellent portrait. Yes, maybe some darker darks would be good, but I love the fresh handling of the shirt, and the eye is wonderful. Nice job! Enjoy your break.

Rosemary said...

Cindi, this is a "Wow" - I wouldn't touch a thing...It speaks to me! Hope your hubby is enjoying his visit and you are having fun with your friends! Did you put more paintings on your slide show? I'm seeing pieces I haven't seen before! Awesome!

Candy said...

Cindi, the portrait of Joshua is perfect. I think you were right not to cancel your husband's trip. Seeing his mom is probably going to do him a lot of good. I'm so glad that you have the opportunity to get together with friends.

Cindi said...

wow what a nice welcome home.. you guys are sooo sweet.. thanks for stopping.. trip was a blast.. giggled till i thought my cheeks would fall off... even tho its been years since we'd all been together.. once less than one minute went by, we were in high school again and what fun it was... woo hoo!! thanks again for holding down the fort and stopping by..

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Cindi! What a wonderful approach, gorgeous work, congratulations!

Cindi said...

thanks fabio.. i will be over to see your painting soon... been running in circles it seems like.. but im heading your way soon.. thanks for stopping by...