.jpg)
if you're thinking of buying stock in something.. consider pastels!!LOL ever since desiree gave us, on painting friends.com, a couple outstanding videos on "how to enjoy, pastels". we have been buying them, like they are going out of style.. some how its just like wc.. you buy one and then you need another..lol i may need to go back to work to pay for my newest addition.. i love that fixing a mistake, is just a pastel stroke away..and you're off and running, again..:) being new to this..(my second one) the mistake fixing is at the top of the list of.. yippees!!
thank you to desiree for fun introduction to pastels and ruth harris for the wonderful photo!!
enjoy your week everyone!!

16 comments:
I just love the colors and light in this--pastels do give the most resplendent color! But I especially the composition!
thank you laura.. pastels are fun...thanks for stopping by..
Cindi, how wonderful! Only your second pastel, and you have have already achieved such great results. The colors and the highlights are beautiful.
I will have to go and look at Desiree's demo....Oh! but I am so afraid that I will add pastel to my ever growing list of things to try:-)
You handle the pastels, beautifully, Cindi! I can see why you are hooked on them now :) I've never gotten into them (although I have several sets) - afraid of another obsession! ha ha
christiane.. i have never wanted to try another medium becuaei have so many wc art supplies im going to need to move if i get more... but this is so much fun and so easy to play wth quickly .. i bought the wrong stuff to begin with so had to go shopping aain so if you get hooked and want to try.. give me a holler and i can tell you what NOT to buy!! LOL
rhonda... you should join painting friends and come see the demo.. if nothing else, you can play with the ones you have...
thank you both for the nice comments and stopping by!!
Looks like you may have found a new niche! And since you don't have as much time to paint, this is one you can stop and start at a moment's notice. Check into Great American Art Works - the pastels are made right here in Cincinnati - and anyone who uses them says they are fantastic. Some of the big names in the pastel world use them! I'm told they "feel like butter" and have never heard a bad word about them (don't know how prices compare, tho') but he sells by set or single. Keep up the good work!
Cindy, thanks for checking in on my blog and helping me find yours -- I'm following now. Like you, I[ve just been trying some pastels. My, yours like like you've done pastel for years! Nice work.
Also, I love your watercolor master portrait. You have much to enjoy here.
Hope you get your taxi service figured out so you have the time you need to do art.
thanks deb.. hoping that ive purchased all i need for awhile.. just went to two art stores and did terrible damage!!!LOL.. but sice ive said that before .. i'll check out the ones you mentioned!! LOL
mary thanks for stopping by.. i sure enjoyed your blog.. and working on this taxi thing..lol
This has such a lightness and softness about it Cindi - really rich colours as well - great work!
Hey Miss Cindi
I just rewarded you with the Sunshine Award, so please come on over and get it.
thanks liz... im having fun, now if the fingers will just hold out on the rough surface!!LOL
nora.. woo hoo!!! thanks ill be right there!!
Hi Cindi! Wonderful colors and composition, love it!
fabio.. thank you for stopping by and your nice comments... sorry i havent been over your way lately.. but watching from here and your work is still, truly amazing!!
Ok, Cindi - it's a given - you are a natural when it comes to pastels! Oh my goodness, just look at the glow on the peppers and in the lovely shadows! Great composition too! Your enjoyment of the medium shows in the work! Congratulations - this one really sings!
Your pastel peppers turned out amazing. You are such a quick study, I am so glad you are enjoying pastels and that my videos inspired such wonderful paintings! You are an inspiration to all of us at Painting Friends, and I concider myself honored to call you friend!
rosemary.. you are such a sweetie.. so encouraging and such a wonderful artist!! and honestly on this pastel thingy, i havent a clue!! its becaue of lady behind you in line here.. desiree.. that it looks anything like what its supposed to!!
thank you desiree, for not only your sweet comments but being who you are, one heck of a multi talented artist!! and with all you do you always have time to give back and share your talent... thank you, friend!!!
Post a Comment