Sunday, March 7, 2010

my rendiction of caravaggio's judith




was looking at following the masters blog.. http://followingthemasters.blogspot.com/ thanks michele!! and thought id like to try one... and so i foung judith on google.. well after painting i learn the real name is not judith.. but judith at a beheading of some sort... wow!! i sure know how to pick em!!! LOL.. i really like trying the masters challenges.. i struggle with darks and getting values right.. and with all the mud like stuff they put on their faces, i have to really do the darks and think about the values.. hope it sticks in my brain when i paint my paintings.. not the mud.. but that value lesson!! hee hee!!

thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!!

13 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Wow, Cindi, you are really good!

RH Carpenter said...

This is gorgeous!!! Truly wonderful skin tones and that glow on that earring and the bits in the hair are great. I would be so proud if I'd painted this one. Is this Judith Beheading Holfernes (not sure of the spelling of that)? I remember reading many artists did this "story."

Cindi said...

christiane.. you are really sweet!! thank you!! :)

rhonda.. yes thats the story and i didnt know how to spell it either, that is why is put "somthing".. hee hee.. of all the photos that i could pick, i pick the beheading.. such the luck!!! LOL

thanks for stopping by!!

Ann Buckner said...

This painting has wonderful drama, Cindi. You did a truly fine job on this. :)

dominique eichi said...

THis is one of the Best piece I've seen from many blogs....... You really nail it . Fabulous

Cindi said...

thanks ann.. always appreciate your comments..and you stopping by


wow dominique, thank you, so much!! now if it just wasnt the dang beheading thingy ??!!! LOL

thanks again.. :)

JRonson said...

contratulations for these one, i saw it on following the masters blog *.* i love her eyes !

Cindi said...

thank you so much j for stopping by and your nice comment.... her eyes are a tad different arent they?? LOL

Rosemary said...

Oh Cindi, I'm late as usual - but this is gorgeous! I mean as in Super Wow! Love, love the mouth and the eyes! A favorite palette too!
I am standing to applaud!

Cindi said...

you are so cute.. please sit down.. lol but i do appreciate all your sweet kind words.. thank you. i had so much fun doing this.. maybe im a renaissance kinda gal.. hee hee

Pat Koscienski said...

Beautifully done, Cindi. The orange/blue complements really worked well here.

Cindi said...

thanks pat.. i just stopped by your wonderful blog.. great paintings!!

Shelley Whiting said...

Caravaggio would be proud. It does have that baroque look and feeling. The theatrical lightning of Baroque is dead on. I love how intense and deep in thought she is. A very beautiful work.