Saturday, December 10, 2011

here comes.... jasper...




this is jasper, my MIL 's pup.. she just loves this little guy.. he keeps her such good company.. she is in her late 80's and is a really a spunky, super sweet lady.. she asked, when we were back there this summer, if i'd do a painting of jasper.. and since her birthday in on new years eve, thought i'd give it a try in pastels.... they are so much more forgiving than watercolors..can make mistakes and fix and fix..LOL which i do very well.. the mistake part... :)

this is a 8x10 on black suede matboard!!

hope everyone is having fun with all their christmas decorating, cooking and shopping!!!

HO HO HO!!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh he is so adorable! Great job!

Pat said...

Jasper looks mighty fine!

Tricia said...

So cute Cindi. She will love it.
Do you enjoy doing the pastels?
I am going through my "pastel
phase" just now:)

Nancy Goldman said...

Jasper's a cutie. I'm sure your MIL will love this. I'm trying a dog portrait now in oil and it's not going very well. Maybe I'll try it in pastel.....

Rosemary said...

Oh Cindi - how precious! Jasper is adorable and you did an outstanding job with that sweet expression! Your MIL is going to be so thrilled!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Ann Buckner said...

Cindi, I love your pastel work and you did a marvelous painting of this little guy.

I am wishing you and all your family a most marvelous Christmas and a very Happy, Happy New Year.

JANE MINTER said...

he's just wonderful ..love you turkey too ..happy 2012 to you cindi

Arena Shawn said...

He has the most adorable eyes!