.jpg)
found this drawing sitting around while cleaning my art room, drew it for a class i didnt attent a couple months back..so thought what the heck, its drawn.. might as well go for it!! had fun doing it but dang its so tight, it squeaks.. lol i think two of my new years resolutions in two weeks are going to have to be...1. try looser, 2.darker darks!!!! hopefully at the end of next year, i can look back and see some improvement.. hey, i can always hope!!!LOL

11 comments:
Once again - you are too hard on yourself! The question is - did you have fun painting it! I'm sure we will all be posting our new year's resolutions soon! You are right - one can hope!
Just my opinion, but I think this is gorgeous! Nothing wrong with tight paintings that are done this well :)
Have a very wonderful holiday!
Cindi, this really is so good, and I love the composition..I can see so much improvement in your work, something we find hard to see ourselves, but trust me it's there..
deb, thank you!! i did have fun painting him.. my new fav color is quin burnt orange and i go to use lots of that lol
thanks rhonda.. i was saying that yesterday, maybe i am just a tight painter and should lighten up on the looseness thingy and learn how to just add the pizazz to make the tight paintings, really sing!! another learning opportunity!!! LOL
stephie you are such a sweetie.. and inspiration and good friend thank you!!
hope all your holidays are filled with friends, laughter and lots of love!!
I love this big bird! Love the darks and the way you've painted just a portion of him!
thanks liz for stopping by.. i love the darks and the lights on this one...that is my struggle!! so hoping by taking more time and noticing that dark thing more, i canbegin to correst it.. have a wonderful holiday!!
Just like Deb I have to say that you are too hard on yourself. This bird is beautifully drawn and painted. There is nothing tight about the background. Nice work!
Hi Cindi, thanks for visiting...are you following me I hope? I would LOVE to be invited to your art forum. I went there and I have to be invited (hint, hint). I too love water color. I also like colored pencil and acrylics. I find myself more challenged with watercolors. Your pelican is beautiful!!
I am so sorry to hear about your husband...how old is he? If there is any way of talking him into investigating medication, the doctors have had good results.
I have a few Alzheimer's nurses following me, so let me know if you need some other resources.
I see by your profile, we have a lot in common, besides the watercolor...
Thanks so much for visiting me...
christiane.. so happy to see you ive been worried about you!!
thanks for stopping by...
donna please just go to paintingfriends.com and fill out the info needed and put me down as the referring person and ill let you in.. it might take a day or two but i'll get ya..then youll be sent an ok! would love to have you or anyone else that would like to, join.. its a small group but lots of fun and great challenges...
Hi, Cindi! Wow, this is gorgeous! Glad you decided to paint it. awesome. And I think you're building some lovely darks here.
Thanks for your well-wishes. Today's the day, so your message was timely. Mom just got out of the hospital this week. Every time I think I'll get back to blogging something else happens. Hope you're well, and that you have a wonderful Christmas! xo Liz
ive been thinking about you so much lately and so happy to hear you are doing ok..and i got the day right!!!!! happy happy!!. sorry to hear about your mom...please take care and know you're in my thoughts..
Post a Comment