Wednesday, July 29, 2009

flowers and butterflies~~~




first of all thank you to peg allen for allowing us to try and paint her brothers wonderful photo.. i believe his name is roger ball .. so thanks to roger too!!

enjoyed doing this.. hadn't tried the centers of these flowers before, so was happy with how they turned out... i feel it needs some pizazz somewhere tho' .. but not sure where?? help???



ok i added the darks.. i actually thought they were darker when i was doing it!! LOL i used ALL your suggestions and hopefully it is better.. i know it definately pops the flowers more!! thanks for the help, you guys are great!!

12 comments:

Kathy Wirth said...

Love this painting - so soft yet not wimpy.

I had problems with my slideshow and blogroll yesterday too. Maybe Blogger was spazzing out for a while. All I know is it's fine today.

Cindi said...

hey kathy, whimpy was the word i was looking for lol... feels like it needs some punch, somewhere??? but where ?? thanks for stopping by and also good to know i didn't push a wrong button~~ and its mr bloggers fault!!! yipee!!! LOL

debwardart said...

Your colors are beautifully soft - perhaps just a bit more value change in the background behind the main flowers - not all over, just behind the flower and fade out. You can try it with plastic (out of an old poster frame) or clear acetate or clear acrylic - even one of those plastic painting sleeves or even tracing paper - lay that over your painting and then take thick W/C or water soluable crayons and try working with it to solve the problem. Then take what you learned and paint your correction on your painting. (Hope that helps).

Cindi said...

hey deb.. good ideas.. thanks, it does help!!.. i did actually do that already lol.. but obviously not enough... me and darks seem to struggle.. i can see they are needed.. especially when i put the photos on here.. but i need to get gutsier...thx for the push!!

RH Carpenter said...

Blogger was giving some people problems recently...so maybe it's fixed now? I love this painting as it is. The only place I'd put darks (well, knowing me I've overdo the darks! haha)...is just at the bottom right moving up to the lighter values. It's lovely with such a fresh look to it that I never attain in my paintings - I'm in awe of your gentle touch! And the centers are super!

Cindi said...

rhonda,thanks!! ok todays the day... i will go back and give it a bit more dark..yikes!!! LOL you know what, maybe we should paint together!!! darks scare me and (you say??)you over do them .. sounds like a perfect team!!!

Rosemary said...

Cindi, this is beautiful! I love your negative painting in the stems and leaves, but the shapes and soft tones don't over power the lovely flowers and butterfly! Very, very well done! Don't touch it any more!!

Cindi said...

thanks rosemary.. i felt it was done also.. was starting to fiddle.. i can almost see ya still smiling :)way to go!!wonderful painting...

Anonymous said...

Very nice subtle colors. Like your poppy for Michelle Burnett, too. Wish I'd seen Peg Allen's photo; I've been looking for more coneflowers to paint.

Cindi said...

thanks R.. i've seen your most recent painting and it wonderful!!! sorry if it was my photo, would be happy to share... thanks on the poppy!! love that challenge!!

Melissa Fischer said...

Oh my goodness, Cindi!!!! This is GORGEOUS! Wow!!!!

Cindi said...

melissa, you are so sweet!!! thank you!! it was a great photo, that made it easier!!