Wednesday, July 22, 2009

poppies anyone??


Saw this new challenge offered by michelle.. http://followingthemasters.blogspot.com/
I thought ok, i can try this lol.. i hadn't painted flowers in awhile , as i been concentrating on portraits, so this was a fun .. however i realized as i was painting.. georgia okeefe's, red poppy.. that it appears it breaks so many rules i have tried to learn...
coi right in the middle..
instead of going past the edge or bringing it in a bit .. so as not to cause tension.. she has tension all over..
and the stem going off the page is centered also..
hmmmmm?? guess the "learn the rules, so you know when to break them" applies here... big time!! LOL

8 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Every shape is unique and interesting and the handling of the curves is very well done :)

Cindi said...

thx rhonda.. it was fun to try this .. i'm really enjoying the challenges..

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Hi Cindi, nice close-up...it's hard to work with reds, you've done a great work. And I agree with RHC, the handling of the curves is excellent.

Cindi said...

thanks fabio..as one of your biggest fans.. i appreciate your kind words

L.Holm said...

It's lovely. And fun to break rules! :-)

Cindi said...

thanks liz.. i did have fun with this.. might try another flower today.. that is a challenge on painting friends... if it turns out i'll share, if not ...lol

Rosemary said...

Cindi I love your poppy! It's beautifully painted...soft and dreamy. I honestly can say I prefer it to Georgia's! Frame this one and hang it!!

Cindi said...

whoa rosemary.. THANK YOU!!! i did have fun.. like that challenge, hope to try it again.. your entry was absolutely amazing!!