.jpg)
first of all thank you david for the self portrait challenge(http://spgloballovein.blogspot.com/)
the challenge was to paint a self portrait, wearing head gear of some sort!! my first thought was, i'd just paint a bag over my head.... worked for halloween many times..LOL but then i went in and took a few pictures looking in the mirror and this one seem to work.. the only thing was, when drawing my pencil zigged when it should have zagged and i had the quickest, cheapest face lift of all.. nice looking neck line.. so liking that look..A LOT, i just left it!! hee hee!!
why cant other things in life, be so dang simple!!??

6 comments:
Cindi, as artists we can give ourselves face lifts, nips and tucks any time! ha ha I like this jaunty hat and liked seeing your SP at David's blog - there are some great portraits in the bunch, aren't there?
yippee!! glad you understand, rhonda.. .. and yes amazing protraits can hardly wait to see who did what.. recognized a few..i'm in awe.. i want to paint like that waaaa waaaaaaaa!!!
Cindi, great portrait! You have just been immortalized, I suppose. You will be eternally young, at least on paper:-)
I have done only two portraits: I find them very difficult. You made it look very easy.
christiane you are soooo sweet!! but you made a good point, immortilized looking younger, is not bad idea!!
this WAS easy.. kinda a simple little sketch, more or less!! decided to stop before i messed it up, big time!!.. thats where i struggle... with the next part.. darks!!! yikes!!
I see you met the challenge of the self-portrait very well. Like the idea of giving oneself a face lift through painting ha ha.
thanks ann.. it wasnt intentional,in the beginging!!! but when i went to erase... i thought what the hey.. this looks pretty good!! and left it!!ha ha
Post a Comment