Thursday, September 24, 2009

yippee.. i think i got it~~~





after yesterday's disaster thought id try again.. this time i put the frisket down first.. then painted the frog instead of poring then painting the frog..(..photo one!!) cause last color on, is the one that shows most and i need to sink this little guy.. at least part way.. i actually like him better before sinking... but on with the assignment!! this is the final painting.. i would like to show a bit more murkiness in the water but if i do that, ill lose the froggie!! i love the frog and the frisket areas.. so i think this is where i need to stop!!

now its time to thank deb ward, for the encouragement to try this.. if you read the disaster previous.. post.. i want to add.. i had a blast and learned lots and will defiantly try it again.. and sink is white and sparkling again..!!! YIPPEE!! how ever if anyone ever opens my pipes, under the sink!!.. they are going to find the most colorful plumbing around!!! LOL

15 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Well done and good for you, pushing through the problems you incountered along the way (pouring is not controllable and it does come with some instantaneous glitches along the way). I like your little froggie almost under the water, coming up to peek around and see what you're up to! I might put a bit of darker green on the shape under his chin because I think that would be water, too, like what is covering his back - but just a suggestion and you can ignore it if you're happy. I imagine you'll be teaching this technique to your class soon :)

Cindi said...

rhonda.. love your suggestions, always!! and the green has been added, thank you!!! big laugh on teaching the class you saw how well it went for me... times that by 30..lol no i think ill let the teacher do the teaching and ill stay out of her way!!!LOL thanks for stopping by!!

debwardart said...

Cindi - have been off the 'net for a few days and just opened your blog. Talk about LOL!!! I love the second frog - and you could have worked more on frog
#1, but I understand just wanting to try again! You definitely have a frog under water - good for you for trying this technique. (And for making a future plumber scratch his head in wonder!)

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

You know Cindi this is very well done. I like everything about it. Glad you didn't give up. Well worth the finished project.

Cindi said...

deb i have been waiting for you ifigured this would give you lots of giggles.. especially my forgetting to pour, when that was the whole idea to begin with.. it was fun.. and teasing you was a giggle to.. i'll definitly TRY it again!! thanks for the encouragement!!

nora you are a sweettie thanks.. you are way too kind to me!!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Cindi,
What a cute little frog! I like how you used the frisket. Good job. Show us more soon.

Anonymous said...

Cindi-

This piece is excellent.
My daughter is a chef and sent a photo of a live Mahi Mahi fish.
I wasn't certain how to approach this and now I have a solution.

Gary Keimig said...

Yep. I think you do have it. But in art the next painting will be a new challenge to "Get it" Isn't that why we strive onward with our creative endeavors

Cindi said...

anonymous.. thanks for stopping by.. wish youd left your name so i could come see you mahi mahi.. have fun....

gary thanks for stoppin by.. yes each day brings another trying to get it.. that is what makes life interesting..

Stephie Butler said...

Cindi..I love your frog....my thoughts were WOW as soon as I saw it.....I also laughed at your commentary along the way..Good for you not giving up...

Cindi said...

thanks stephie.. that old perserverance can get me in trouble occassionally.. but in art it has been a blessing... or i wouldve gone screaming out of class the first year!!! LOL
xxx

Rosemary said...

You got it! You got it!! Thanks so much for posting your wip with this one! So glad you persevered! The finish is certainly worth it! Cute little froggy (and he has no idea how many labor pains you had bringing him to life)!

Cindi said...

thanks rosemary... yep it was a struggle.. and the art teacher thought the frog was ok.. but had lots of suggestions, to make it better... NOT GOOD!!

oh well...NEXT?? LOL

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Cindi...love your frog! The final result is cool, very nice.

Cindi said...

thanks fabio.. yep the mess was worth it... i might try that pouring again.. just with a little less mess..LOL