Friday, September 4, 2009

first day back at school!!




today back to art class.. woo hooo!!! gads a gazillion new folks again.. they usually drop out by the 4th week, but the first few weeks its tough to find a seat!!LOL

today since there is awide variety of abilities.. we went over a wash and graded wash.. then put this little painting together, using just one color and using the examples we had just learned.. and of course our nifty viva paper towels, that do great wiping, when damp or dry!! i need to buy stock in the company.. cause they are fantastic..

next week on to frogs.. with bodies above and below, the water.. ought to be interesting...!!

c-ya later!!

8 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Lucky you, Cindi, to be taking art classes. I can't wait to see your frogs next week...I hope that you will post them all.
Christiane

Cindi said...

thanks christiane.. this was a really fun class.. and especially seeing lots of great folks that i hadn't seen in a while!!! i'll share the frogs, "IF" they turn out ok LOL

thanks again for stopping by...

Rosemary said...

Cindi, nice little exercise! Having tried watercolor, I know how difficult it is! Bet you impressed your instructor as well as your classmates with this one! I agree, Viva p. towels should be sold as "art supplies"!
Looking forward to seeing the frogs!

Cindi said...

we have a pretty talented class .. so im not so sure anyone was impressed, but it was fun..

wonder if that is why elvis sang about viva!!! oh wait that had more to do with vegas, than viva.
giggle....

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Cindi, this painting caught my eye and I just had to visit your blog. What fun to be in an art class. You did a first rate job with your light. A very appealing painting. Silvia

Cindi said...

thanks silvia.. i think i might try this again and add some fun other colors, like for a yummy sunset or?? thanks for stopping by...

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

So Cindi this is beautiful love the blue you used. I guess you best be early so get a seat. Thanks for tip on Viva, I usually use Kleenexs to wipe out color. Can't wait for the frog

Cindi said...

thanks nora.. viva is a bit stronger than kleenex.. so you can wet it and move the paint around too and it holds up... its much softer than paper towels, so it doesnt scratch the surface... when using, fold and use the sides of the folds to wipe away the paint.. if you push down with you finger directly on the paper you might get dots from the towel.... yes im buying stock in viva...lol